Monday, December 8, 2008

Car Accident

It has been a crazy past few days. On Thursday Dec. 4 my best friend, Jen and I were driving on I-15 heading southbound into Green Valley. We were hit from behind by a drunk driver who was speeding (going about 85 or 90). We were going along when she clipped the back drivers side of my car and sent us into a tail spin across the freeway. Before we knew what had happened the car flipped on it's side. We were in shock, frantically trying to get out of the car. All I could think of was getting out of the car "before it blew up." (I think I have seen too many movies.) Many people stopped to help, which I was very grateful for. We walked away with only a few bruises and "cervical strains", better known as whiplash. After I cussed out the drunk drivers, we went to the hospital to get checked out. It was a long night but, I am so grateful that we were okay, this could of ended much worse. I know there were Angels there watching over us! I am so blessed that I didn't lose my best friend Jen and that we both came home to our beautiful children and our wonderful husbands. Life is so Fragile. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for protecting us, keeping us safe through this very scary incident. You just never know when life can change, it can be in a blink of an eye. I hope that you all know how much I love you and how blessed I am to have a great family and many great friends.
*I want Jen to know how much I love her. I don't know what I would do without her in my life, and I am so glad she is okay!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

we are glad your okay! i was wondering if you could tell us exactly what you "said" to the driver. :)

Honey Family Blog said...

Holy Crap Lindsey! I had no idea that you guys were in a car accident! I am so glad you are okay, and how lucky that you didn't have your kids with you! Angels were definitly watching over you guys!